Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stress Levels Rising?


           Stress comes upon me easily and frequently. I have a very busy schedule and sometimes I get overwhelmed with how things are going or the amount of work has yet to be some. Stress if occurs frequently for most college students. A mixture between work load, home sickness, and fatigue can bring students to the maximum tolerance. Sometimes there is little you can do about some stress that happens; however, there are ways to reduces stress and prevent stress from coming in the first place. Here are a few things that help me deal with stress...
            First, when I become overwhelmed with the work load of school. I write down everything I need to get done. Seeing it in front of me is still a little overwhelming; however, it definitely helps clarify what I need to get done. I try to go in order of what is due first but sometimes it also helps me to do the easiest things first because then I can just take them off the list. Then I only have a few things I need to get done. Whatever I do, I make sure I do not procrastinate. Procrastination just leaves my to do list over my head and it lets my stress level build.
            The second thing, that helps me with stress is working out. Working out is proven to release hormones and is scientifically proven to make you feel better. I like to relieve stress at gymnastics. Whether it is me focusing extra hard at practice or being more aggressive on skills. This helps me because normally when I do this, my skills improve which makes me happy and brings down my stress level because at least I have gymnastics going for me.
            The last thing that helps me deal with stress is to just forget about whatever is bothering me. This takes a while to master; however, if you can learn how to move on, it will help you relieve stress. Just try to put your problem in perspective. Will this problem remain a problem forever? Most-likely the answer is no. Just try to move past your problems or try to solve them, and if they are beyond your control, just try to remembered that and do not stress yourself out about it.
            Everyone is different and deals with stress in different ways however, these sure ways that help me. Just take things one step at a time and do not get stresses out about things that are out of your control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment