This Friday, I brought my history paper to the writing center. My paper was a five page book report. I thought I did a good job on the paper; however it was worth twenty-five percent of my grade so I wanted to make sure it was the best it could be. I was a walk in because I was unsure at first on how to go about it. They were booked all day but they managed to squeeze me into an appointment after my last class of the day.
I had a professor check my paper. It was good; however, I had a lot of grammatical errors that the teacher fixed for me. I was glad I brought my paper in because I worked hard on my paper and I would have hatted to see my grade drop a letter grade because of little proof reading mistakes. I would recommend that if you have a paper due, to call a head to the writing center. It is a good idea in case they are booked all day. Do not leave it to last minute because you may not get a spot. This is especially important because we are approaching finals. We will have a lot of papers to be passed in and the writing center will be booking up quick! good luck writing, and remember the writing center is there for your benefit! take advantage of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment